Kenton-on-Sea Budget Accommodation -|- The easiest way to find and book accommodation in Kenton-on-Sea
Kenton-on-Sea Accommodation – Browse Online For Your Kenton-on-Sea Self Catering, Bed and Breakfast Accommodation – Kenton-on-Sea Budget Family Holiday Accommodation
Small and utterly charming, Kenton-on-Sea is the ideal location for a beach break, with nothing to do each day except decide which sandy shoreline to dig your toes into. Nestled between the Kariega and Bushman’s River estuaries, and conveniently located between Port Elizabeth and East London, Kenton is sure to steal your heart.
Its beautiful beaches welcome young families and offer safe locations to swim, while its peaceful atmosphere and long stretches of secluded shoreline entice couples looking for a lover’s hideout. Kenton is the perfect antidote to busy city life – it has no traffic (except during the peak of the summer season), no big shopping malls, and very few distractions of the modern kind. In fact, this small stretch of the Sunshine Coast calls for very little besides slipslops, sun cream and sun-kissed smiles where visitors can enjoy the simple pleasures in life such as fishing in the rivers, teaching kids how to body board, roving for seashells, and sunset walks in fresh, clean air.
On driving into Kenton, one is first confronted with a traffic calming circle and this is as about as urban as the village gets, with quaint streets leading to hidden beach lookouts and lush garden lawns rolling down onto the river banks. Don’t be deceived by its quiet atmosphere however, as Kenton is well equipped to deal with holiday makers and has an excellent selection of accommodation options ranging from seafront, to river views and rolling hills, as well as a decent choice of restaurants and coffee shops to keep vacationers content.
- Main Beach, officially named Kariega Beach, this stretch of sand and sea holds Blue Flag status and is situated at the Kariega River mouth. It’s a great beach from swimming and body boarding while the lagoon mouth makes for an ideal wading pool for the little ones. It’s safe, it’s clean, and it’s easily to get to.
- Shelly Beach, a fabulous little cove that is usually less crowded due to the short hike required to get there. This is one of the best places in Kenton to pick up beautiful seashells, and the waves are favoured among body boarding locals
- Middle Beach, is well, in the middle of Kenton. The kids will love exploring the rock pools here and the sea is generally calm, making for ideal swimming conditions.
- Kasouga Beach is one of the Eastern Cape’s best-kept secrets. Not quite in Kenton but close enough, Kasouga boasts enchanting birdlife and a serene, countryside atmosphere that inspires most photographers to get their cameras out and start snapping away.
- Cannon Rocks, about a 20-minute drive from Kenton and offering unspoilt beaches and pristine nature.